Many conservative commentators have said that the liberal wing of the Democratic party cannot tell what they really want to do or what their vision for America really is because no one would vote for them if they did. To test if this is true I throw down the following challenge. If you are a liberal democrat, comment and tell us what your America would look like in 2016 after 8 years of Hillary as President. Assume a democratic congress the whole time for the sake of discussion. Just what would the US look like? Would we recognize it? Tell us if you dare. What is the goal of the Pelosi/Reid/Hillary wing of your party? Be specific and don't hold back (no meaningless statements like "energy independence" or "better security" allowed). Tell us how you want to do these or other things. If your vision is really that good, maybe the conservatives are wrong and the American people will support you.
To get you started, I'll start by putting down the democratic vision as I think I've heard it spoken or implied from your leaders:
- Borders not enforced. 2-3 million illegal immigrants enter the country every year (4 times 2005 figures).
- Highest Individual tax rate raised to 80%. All income subject to social security withholding. Minimum wage up to $12 per hour.
- Government health care system in place, no private companies provide employee health care.
- Radio stations required by reimplementation of the "Fairness Doctrine" to either cease talk radio format or have 50% democratic/liberal leaning hosts.
- Carbon tax in place on all businesses greater than 100 employees and all SUVs. Scientists who question mankind-related causes to global warming lose tenure and jobs.
- Abortions up to 2 million per year as active planned parenthood clinics installed in most US schools. Any girl 12 or older can get abortions without parental consent.
- Home schools banned.
- US military forces deployed overseas routinely placed under the control of the UN.
- Gays allowed in military and in all positions in all businesses and churches (including teachers, scout leaders, and day-care workers).
- Hate crimes enforced for sexual preference but not for anti-Christian crimes.
- Verbal Christian prayers prohibited in all public schools and public settings (because they are divisive and non-inclusive). Church leaders indicted routinely for mentioning social/political issues from the the pulpit. Efforts are underway to withdraw churches tax-exempt status.
- Bill Clinton birthday national holiday established (just kidding, lighten up!)
I know this is an inadequate start but if you liberal democrats are so proud of your vision and believe that the country will rally around it then truthfully tell us what it is. Or would we even be a country anymore or just part of a newly-formed North American Union? It would be especially helpful if you would get some of your presidential candidates to weigh in and tell us their views. Note that it is not necessary to criticize current or past administrations in order to complete this exercise. Show some courage , actually tell us what you want!